A little over a week ago, our Elianna turned 4. She’s excited to be so. We celebrated accordingly.
We love her dearly and so, without further ado, here are the top 10 things of Elianna’s year 3, written to her, from her momma.
1) You have a zest for life by way of rising early and staying up late! You wake up hungry for breakfast and hungry for life to start. Speaking of breakfast, you often eat two: breakfast and second breakfast. You’re our little hobbit, minus the large hairy feet.
2) You’ve taken a special love for dancing this year. You dance around the house. You dance around the yard. You dance into the car. You have tutus galore.
3) You make life a musical production. Sometimes you’ll start the day off by singing everything instead of talking. So you’ll ask for your breakfast with great lyrical phrasing. I like living in a musical. The best is when you use your little vibrato. Very sweet.
4) You are making sure you’re in on school this year. You have a workbook that you’ve been delving into along with some other activities. It’s enjoyable watching you learn.
5) You are working on being brave. This summer you have advanced in swimming feats like going off the diving board and down the slide. Sometimes your Nana gives you “bravery gum” if you conquer something particularly difficult.
6) You’ve grown into the big sister role very much this past year. You really love your little sister and have taken on the responsibility of being an older sibling very well. Of course you’ll always be a younger sibling too. And you seem to have that down pat.
7) You’re quite possibly the most affectionate child ever. Hugs, kisses, and cuddles, oh my! I hope you always give hugs to me as freely as you do now.
8) You like people. You like having friendships and you like being out and about. You can be shy or embarrassed but it doesn’t last long. You can’t wait for Sunday school to start back up in the fall.
9) You love to be read to. Often I’m reading books out loud that are a bit too old for you in terms of typical 3 year-old fare–books for Eliza that you and Seth end up listening in on. You do well with them, but you truly love when we sit down and read a book of your choice. One with lots of great pictures.
10) You have a distinct personality, Elianna, and I greatly enjoy how God has made you. I love how you’re willing to laugh at everyone’s jokes. I love how you fit in our family. Your heart seems soft towards the Lord and compassionate towards others and I am praying that would increase as you grow.
May Jesus be the true Treasure of your life. May you overflow with joy in Him and find all God’s promises to be yes in Christ Jesus. He died for you, He loves you so. And I love a million, baby girl.